- Nail Polish
- Disposable container
- Wax paper
Step 1: How to Make Marbled Mugs
1. Fill your container halfway with the hottest water on hand but not boiling. The nail polish will want to set when it touches the water and the heat will help to slow it down.
Step 2: How to Make Marbled Mugs
2. Open the nail polish color of your choice and hold it very close to the surface of the water. Pour a few drops so that it sits on top of the water.
Step 3: How to Make Marbled Mugs
3. Swirl the polish with your toothpick.
Step 4: How to Make Marbled Mugs
4. Very quickly, dip your mug in the water! The nail polish sets up very quickly so you must be quick.
Step 5: How to Make Marbled Mugs
5. Place the mug on the wax paper to dry for 30 minutes and you’re done!
You now have beautiful, colorful marbled mugs. Keep in mind that these mugs are not dishwasher or microwave safe so be sure to wash them by hand. Try not to get nail polish near the lip area.