Valentines Day Bear
I really wanted to do a Valentines Day bear this year and found a wonderful pattern and tutorial that I would like to share with you along with my version of the bear made for St. Valentine’s Day. The original pattern and tutorial were created by Joy Kelley at How Joyful Blog. It was exactly what I was looking for so I didn’t see the need to create a new pattern for this project. Joy loves sharing her projects with others so I am sharing it with all of you.
What you will Need:
- 1 yard of fabric for the body. Fleece or other cuddly fabric works well if the bear is for a child. I used fabrics in my stockpile.
- 1/2 yard of fabric for the color details. I used the “You’re My Type” printed fabric.
- 1 set of 18 mm animal eyes
- Small piece of felt for the nose. I used black for my project.
- Polyester fiberfill or other stuffing material
- Frixion pen
- Standard sewing supplies
Step 1: Valentines Day Bear
Download the pattern pieces from Joy’s website. You will need to cut out the pieces then lay them on your fabric and trace them making sure to add a 1/4″ seam allowance. I used one of my Frixion pens to outline the pieces and to label them because the ink disappears completely when ironed. Because there are so many pieces to this pattern I wanted to make sure that each piece was properly labeled.
Joy has asked that the entire tutorial not be recreated here so I will direct you to her site for step by step instructions. Hope you enjoy this project but as Joy says: this is not a beginners project but anyone with intermediate sewing skills should be able to create this adorable Valentine’s bear.